We accept applications from tutors with qualifications and excellent academic records throughout the year:
- University Students
- University Graduates
- Qualified Teachers
We ensure a tutor’s history and records are screened as part of a rigorous application process prior to working with clients and children:
- Pre-employment screening
- Face to face interview
- Referee reports from past employers or university lecturers
Tutors must meet statutory requirements for their respective State or Territory:
- QLD: Blue card Screening (Blue card)
- NSW/ VIC/ WA: Working With Children check (WWC card)
- SA: Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) Screening
- Inform PlantYourAPPLETREE.com if there are any changes to their WWC card or Blue card.
- Have their own means of transport for travelling to their clients after school hours.
- Have the right to reside and work with a tax file number in Australia.
- Be able to commit to at least 4 hours per week.
- Be prepared to travel a minimum of 30 minutes for tutoring.
- Be passionate about education.
- Have excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Meet academic standards in their secondary or university education.
Tutors must meet the following academic qualifications:
- Secondary school: OP 1-6 or ATAR of 90.00 or higher
- University: GPA 6.0 or higher